- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy or rum (optional)
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl.
- Place cream in a small, heavy saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Remove immediately from heat and pour over chocolate. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream mixture until chocolate is fully melted. Add liquor.
- Cool. Can be used as truffles, to pour over a cake (warm slightly until ganache is a pourable consistency), or whipped or simply spread as an icing.